Saturday, December 30, 2006

Sports On T.V. today.

National Games.
  • College football:
    • Meineke Car Care Bowl, Navy vs. Boston College, at Charlotte, (ESPN, 1 p.m.)
    • Alamo Bowl, Texas vs. Iowa, at San Antonio, (ESPN, 4:30 p.m.)
    • Chick-fil-A Bowl, Georgia vs. Virginia Tech, at Atlanta, (ESPN, 8 p.m.)
  • College men's Hoops:
    • Georgetown vs Michigan, (ESPN2 , noon)
    • Connecticut vs. West Virginia, (ESPN2 , 2 p.m.)
    • Stanford vs. Arizona, (FSN, 2 p.m.)
    • Missouri State vs. Creighton, (ESPN2 , 4 p.m.)
    • Nevada vs. Gonzaga, at Seattle, (ESPN2 , 6 p.m.)
  • College women's hoops:
    • Arizona State vs. Stanford, (FSN, 8 p.m.)
  • NBA:
    • Cleveland vs. Chicago, (WGN, 8:30 p.m.) Is WGN still national?
Local Games.
  • College Men's Hoops:
    • Stanford vs. Arizona, (CSNCHI, 1 p.m.)
    • Oregon vs. Oregon State, (CSNCHI, 3 p.m.)
    • Washington State vs. Southern California, (CSNCHI, 5 p.m.)
    • Northern Iowa vs. Wichita State, (CSNCHI, 7:30 p.m.)
  • AHL Hockey:
    • Rochester Americans vs. Chicago Wolves, (3 ILL-03, 7 p.m.)
Vague National/Regional Games.
  • High School Basketball:
    • T-Mobile Invitational, (VERSUS, 3 p.m.)

3 comments:

Badcock said...

Uh Phil, you forgot to mention the Redskins vs. Giants game kicking off at 8 EST. True, they both suck. True, this is just about me wanting to drag the Giants down to hell with me. But it will be a great opportunity to watch the Giants hid the cold hard ground after their hilarious plummet from 6-2.

michelevil said...

Hey Phil! It's New Year's Eve on this side of the globe - and I'm eagerly awaiting the Rose Bowl... 5pm EST New Year's Day is 9am on Tuesday for me... whatever time it is I'll be watching my beloved Wolverines extract some revenge on USC (can't believe I'm not living in LA!!). I know you're focused more on the pros - but I'd love to hear your opinion on our (bs - imo) #3 BCS rating this year. Obviously, I wholeheartedly believe that Michigan should be playing OSU for the championship. Florida .. wtf?

Phil said...

Badcock - That's pretty embarrassing. What's the point of listing AHL hockey if I exclude the NFL.

Michelevil - I agree, Mich. should have gotten the rematch. This will become more obvious after they smoke USC and OSU smokes Florida. I don't follow the college game to much, but I'm mostly turned off by the national title debate. (All fans of competeing teams are excluded from this since they have a reason to care. ISU ain't playin' in no national title game anytime soon.) I just wonder why we are so obsessed with crowning a champion. Unless there is a playoff, and even if there was one, someone is always gonna get left out if it is a matter of "electing" those teams that will participate. Can't we all be winners?