Monday, January 8, 2007

BCS Champion Florida Gators.


I'm just getting back from rehearsal, (don't ask) and I am surprised to see that Florida, dried-up, broke-up, de-seeded, de-stemed, rolled-up, lit-up, and smoked-up Ohio State. 41-14? Wow.

A couple thoughts, keeping in mind, I know nothing about college football:

Does anyone know anything when it comes to predicting these things? 7.5 favorite were O.S.U. Most people questioned
whether or not Florida should be there. Last year, ESPN dragged out copious stats, records and expert analysis, comparing USC to the great teams of all time. The over all conclusion? USC was the best team ever. They lost. No one knows anything.

Is there anything better than a college underdog win? It's not the same feeling I get watching a pro favorite get upset. They are the
pro's. It is a job, which can breed cynicism. Something about being an adult, my talent has leveled off. I don't surprise myself with what I can do. But, watching those kids in big games, doing things they have never done before. They amaze themselves, and they amaze me.

Why are we obsessed with crowning a champion in everything? What reason, other then our own selfishness, do we need a play-off system? It doesn't matter. I certainly don't think it matters to the players.

I look forward to the highlights.

2 comments:

Jerious Norwood said...

"Why are we obsessed with crowning a champion in everything? What reason, other then our own selfishness, do we need a play-off system? It doesn't matter. I certainly don't think it matters to the players."

Why don't you just move back to Russia? Pussy. Oh no, maybe competition will hurt there feelings? Maybe we should pay the predominantly poor and underprivileged players who provide the entertainment while patriotic corporations make untold millions in profits?

You know, freedom isn't free. Think about it, Osama.

Phil said...

I appreciate the venom, Jerious. Our site is seriously lacking in it.

It's not so much that I hate competition, I consider the games themselves competition enough. No matter how many teams get included in a play-off system, someone will get left out. Maybe cause I didn't go to a major university that competes for the national championship I just don't care. I just wanna see good games.

I do think the players should be paid in addition to their scholarships.

It is also true that I hate freedom.